Monday 24 August 2015

DEAD TO THE RHYTHM OF LOVE

I've once danced to the beat
Indeed my body has felt the heat
My waist has wriggled to the music -many times
My heart has skipped - the track- once or twice
I'm talking about the music of love, not lies
And oh! How soothing its rhythm... The music of love

Now I don't even hear the song
And when I do, it sounds like an old boring hymn
The many lies distorts the real sound
Lately,  not even my favourite track makes my heart skip
Oh how dead I am to the rhythm of love.

But hey! I'm hopeful for a love so true
And I'll dance to the rhythm of love with...YOU
Cos even in a Kimono,  you know - the real - me
So my heart awaits a dance and you hold the KEY
My heart lies at anchor in your harbour - it's on the Quay

For now, I'm dead to the music
I know your arrival will make me tick
And together we'll sway to the beat
My head will spin and I'll sure feel the heat again!
Only then will I be alive to the Rhythm of Love
Till then..... I'm Dead to the Rhythm of Love.

AFORCETORECKONWITH

No comments:

Post a Comment