Tuesday 18 October 2016

WHILE YOU WAIT...

Hola Amigo! Como estas?

Should you be wondering what that is, it’s Spanish for “Hello Friend? How are you?”

I believe you’ve been doing great and enjoying your life… I have been enjoying mine.
……………………………………………………………………………………....

I consider this a late post because the inspiration came during the Independence celebration, but since I was not convinced in my spirit what the title should be I decided to stall for a while. It was going to be titled “SEASON”, but Friday, 7th October 2016; the title came to my mind while I was waiting on a BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) queue.

It was VERY long and I recall counting about three different queues.

On observing for a while, I realised they were all for different destinations and I was surprised at how the stationary bus Coordinator was able to allocate the BRTs to the different destination queues as they arrived. He did it so well that the people on one queue were not complaining about the other queue getting a bus before them. 

Although the Ikorodu bus queue got two buses at some point because their queue was longer, a large number of people still maintained their cool( But you sabi Naija peeps na! few people murmured a bit) and soon enough another bus came.

Witnessing all these and meditating on certain things birthed the title of this article, While You Wait…

We all have something we are waiting for.

Whether it’s a major break in one’s business, promotion at work, recognition in a community/church, admission into school, call for a job interview/ from a partner who walked out on you without any explanation, a marriage proposal from that guy you have been dating for several years, or simply just finding someone to be in a healthy, loving relationship with, we all have a thing or two that causes us to stare at either our biological time or the one society/family has set ticking for us.

For some of us, it is more than one thing, while for a number of us, it is just ONE thing. Also, while others have awaited those things for few days, weeks, months, a lot of us have been waiting for years and for some reason, it feels as though we have been waiting forever and there are days we fear it might NEVER come. Then we begin to get Angry, Anxious, and sometimes, Antisocial (3 As).

I used to exhibit the three As (Angry, Anxious, and Antisocial) and much more. For so long, I anticipated a major break in my business and the day I will be swept off my feet by my KNIGHT IN SHINNING ARMOUR.  It felt like I was going to wait for the rest of my life for that to happen and the devil came with very scary thoughts that almost made me bitter towards life and God. 

I Bless God for taking away the reproach! It took sometime, though...Life is all about Time and Season.

When you read through Ecclesiastes 3 you will see that indeed there is time for everything and when it’s time, it’s TIME (No pun intended). 

That is, if there is any delay now, it simply means it’s not time yet. Even if you have "missed it" before; as long as you’re in Christ Jesus, that is in the past… you are new now.


So what then should be done while you wait?

I will be sharing more in my next post.

Thank you for reading

Chichi Ogbonnaya
#Aforcetoreckonwith

9 comments:

  1. woow, I loved it. Waiting for the concluding part. Waiting could be so pathetic but when we find a great reason to wait, It could be really worth-while. Thanks Chichi, Truly a force to reckon with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice One chichi. Waiting for the concluding part. Thanks for this masterpiece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Kayode. The concluding part is up! Read and be blessed.

      Delete
  3. It a piece that worth waiting to be concluded that is why i will say your article is a great one keep it up. Holy Spirit will continue to enlighten you more dear. i get one today thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thanks and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll wait for my time while I wait for the next series.
    More inspiration Chi

    ReplyDelete