Friday 27 January 2017

5 WAYS TO SLAY YOUR GOALS IN 2017



HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ!!!!

How has New Year been? Mine has been great and full of decision making.

One of the decisions I've made thus far is to be consistent with my goal of reading at least one book every month. I didn't keep to it last year and nothing can distract me this year.

AMEN๐Ÿ™‡๐Ÿ™‡!!! (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me)

Another decision I made was to make sure I write here during or after reading my book for the month and I'm glad I have finished the book for January. So for me, January has ended. Lol๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„!

"How You Can Be Led By The Spirit of God", this book by Kenneth E. Hagin, has opened my eyes to the fact that we really are a Spirit being and as children of God, He speaks to us (our spirit), but we are too "flesh conscious" (most/sometimes) to hear Him speak.

The book also stressed the fact that we are carriers of the Spirit of God and as long as we are born again we can have an overflow of that Spirit if we remain in constant fellowship with God through His Word, in the Place of Prayer, Speaking in Tongues, Worshiping and consciously feeding our mind with the right content and surrounding ourselves with the right set of company.

I'll encourage you to buy the book and get more insightful tips on how to live a Spirit-led life.

I also promise to share some of my notes via twitter handle, you can follow @chichiogbonnaya so you don't miss out on this.

Now let's talk about slaying your goals for 2017.
....................................................................................................

Goal setting is very key to living a focused and purposeful life, which is all I'm about.

I inspire youths to live a chaste, focused and purposeful life.

One way, I've been able to achieve this; even in my own life is by setting goals for myself.

Although I sometimes don't accomplish all my goals, at least I try to achieve about 80% percent of them and move the others forward. There is something called "balance brought forward" in accounting. (please, Google it or ask any accounting student closest to you).

So when I don't meet up, I make them "a balance brought forward" and add them to the new set of goals. That way; though late, I still get to achieve my goals. After all, it's better late than never.

In case you are yet to set your goals, or still worried about how you're going to slay them, I hope the following steps will help you remain focused and ultimately inspire you to slay your goals in 2017 and years to come.


  1. TALK TO GOD ABOUT YOUR GOAL(S): 


๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถPrayer is the Key, Prayer is the key. 
         Prayer is the Master key... 
        Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer.
        Prayer is the Master Key.๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

I am sure you recall this song. It was both a Nursery and Primary rhyme back in the days (I don't know what they sing in schools these days). 

As simple as this song is and as ordinary as we made it sound back then, it's actually a "VERY WORDED SONG." Prayer is the Master Key that opens the door to any goal. It is the master key that will help you slay all your goals this year.

I attended a programme while I was an undergraduate, and Daddy E .A Adeboye said, "most times people start a project before carrying God along. When they ought to tell God about the project, before, during and after the project." 

The Bible also says, "which man before building a house will not first sit down and estimate the cost? (Luke 14:28). 

To further buttress these statements, I strongly believe that prayer would have been number one on the to-do list of that man in Luke 14:28. 

A man plans, but it is God that establishes it (Proverbs 16:9). 

I feel as a wise person, rather than planning, it's best to FIRST talk to the Person who makes the plan happen rather than making the plans, before going to Him. 

For instance, if you want to buy a house, won't it be wise to go through a Real Estate Management Personnel or the right channels of acquiring a property? Would you do it your own way and fall a victim of the popular fraudsters called "Omo onile"? (ask a Lagosian for further explanation).

This applies to your goals too. You have to cultivate the habit of going to the Source first, then you can reach for the substance. Even if you have it all mentally figured out, still go to Him in prayer, and when you're done praying...

     2. WRITE IT DOWN: 

Write down the vision, make it plain... (Habakkuk 2:2) 
Document the goals, those things you want to achieve and how you plan to achieve them. I know some people who say they don't like to write it down, if this works for you too all means stick too it. But, I'll suggest you write it down.

For those who prefer to write (or not๐Ÿ˜Š), here are a few tips to help you write a clear and concise goal.

  • Spiritual Goal: In this segment, write down what you want to achieve spiritually. 


1. Do you want to fast every week or every two days or once a       month? 
2. Do you want to attend all church activities this year? 
3. Do you want to read certain books of the bible before the          year runs out?

It can be a new quiet time or study prayer time. For me, I want to read through the bible this year.

  • Health Goal: 


Here you state some of the steps you want to take to improve your health this year. Eat more vegetables, register with a gym, and find out your genotype and blood group too (yeah! Trust me some people don't know theirs yet). Whatever thing you want to do in order to improve your health this year, list them here.

  • Financial Goal: 


write out a savings plan, how much you want to save weekly, monthly, quarterly. This depends on how you earn and what you earn. Do you want to save 40% of your income, invest 35% and spend 15%? Decide what your financial plans are and note them in this segment.

  • Career Goal: 


Do you want to write a professional exam, or take a professional course? Or, read more books in your area of interest, change a job, get another degree, go for your masters or retire to start your own business? Decide what your career goals are and note them here. Please note that the major objective here is to improve intellectually and ultimately get more money too.

  • Social goal: 


Do you want to develop healthy friendships/relationships? Do you want to start to start dating that lady you've been admiring or you want to give that guy that has been talking to you a chance? Are you planning to develop a more intimate relationship with your immediate and extended family members? 

Do you plan to travel a lot this year, or simply steer clear of any form of social activity to work on your intra and interpersonal skills? List out all you have to do to achieve a healthy social lifestyle.

Write all these down and any other thing you decide that would spice up your list. The 5 segments listed above have helped me over the years and still very useful till date.

    3. DILIGENTLY WORK TOWARDS IT:

The bible says a man that is diligent in his works, will stand before Kings and not men (Proverbs 22:29).

Hard work pays. It pays both in cash and kind. That is, when you work hard (and become a success), you will not only be celebrated by men, you will have enough money to celebrate yourself and friends inclusive. 

It is only a foolish man that desires to be rich and doesn't work towards it. I know it is God who gives the power to make wealth (Deuteronomy 8:18), but His precepts also say a man that doesn't work should not eat (2 Thessalonians 3:10). 

Therefore, for you to slay those goals this year, note that there is no time to check the clock, start running with that vision now. 

It's not going to be easy, but if you keep at it, it will all be worth eventually. A mother doesn't remember the pains of pregnancy when she finally sees her bundle of joy. 

Have you ever wondered why doctors and nurses use the word "push" in the labour room? I believe they understand the dynamics of "Pressing Until Something Happens" but as a Christian, I'll replace the pressing with "Pray, Praise". 

When you are in the "labour room" of achieving your goals this year, don't forget to pray and praise. Remember the statement daddy Adeboye made. The spirituality shouldn't be at the beginning of execution or before it, it should continue during and after the execution.  As long as you are alive, there is always room for improvement. Never let setbacks, keep you from staying with your goals. Be diligent, wait till your change comes (Job 14:14) 

Again, painstakingly stay with your goals, refuse no for an answer, be intentional about your dealings, pray and work it out and see God show up for you mightily.

    4.RUN FROM DISTRACTION:

Do not be deceived, evil communication corrupts good manner (1 Corinthians 15:33). 

One of the things you have to do if you must slay your goals this year is to do away with distractions, whether they come as a person, a habit or an activity. There are certain friends you have to bid goodbye, there are places you must stop going to, there are movies you shouldn't watch and songs you've got to delete from your phones. 

As a matter of fact, delete those games from your phone. People laugh at me when I say I seldom watch TV, I have my reasons. I deleted candy crush and BBM from my phone because I realised it was distracting and addictive, and I couldn't curb it. There are times I turn off my data, so I can concentrate on other things.

There are certain people I don't bother reading their posts on social media (cos I know they'll not edify me in any way) and there are people who I intentionally turned on the notification button for so I can get notified when they post, because I know their contents are usually rich and edifying for my spirit, soul and body. 

You've got to build yourself to a level where you just don't take in every junk your see on TV, social media, listen to via radio or your phone. Proverbs 4:23 states we should guard our heart for it determines the course of our life. What you consume either makes or destroys you.

If the devil is going to attack you from slaying your goal this year, he will start by messing up your mindset. He knows that when your thought process changes, your focus will too. So be conscious of what you take in, by sight or by listening. FLEE FROM EVERY DISTRACTION.

      5. TRUST GOD AGAIN:

TRUST God all the way. The truth is, I can't promise you a smooth ride all through 2017, but I can promise you a triumphant ride if you don't stop trusting God.

Many might be your afflictions this year, but I am certain that God will deliver you from it all if you trust Him. He has promised to never leave nor forsake you, all you have to do is hold on to Him tightly and you'll never be let down. He loves you too much to let any harm come your way. 

If you will slay your goals this year, trust in the Lord, delight in the Him and He will grant the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4). I woke up one morning with this Psalms in my Spirit. 

What I had in my spirit was "Happy is the man who's trust is in the Lord". I had to check the scriptures to get the correct words. (Psalms 37:4) But trust me, you can't trust God and be sad.

Trust in Him with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, as you go about your business/daily activity this year and always, acknowledge Him and He will CERTAINLY direct your path.

Finally, as you go slaying your goal this year, walk/work with the consciousness that God has open doors that no man can shut. Walk-through and possess what's yours.

See you on the winning side.

I love you always and you are always in my heart.

Chichi Ogbonnaya
Aforcetoreckonwith

NOTE:
Please feel free to leave a comment and also your contributions on how ones GOAL can be achieved.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Oto Idah28 January 2017 at 02:27

    Do you know that this is the exact same topic we'll be discussing tomorrow at the GoodWomen's meeting? I already have someone who will be facilitating. However, permit me to borrow a few things from you here to add if need be. 
    Thanks dear and keep being led by the Spirit of GOD. 
    You are indeed a Force to Reckon with and I am glad to be a part of your life. 
    GOD bless you darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther chukwukelu31 January 2017 at 09:19

    Well said my dear, trust me since the begining of this year I have been reluctant about writing my goals, although I did last year and achieved 80% of the things I wanted to achieve and one is a continuous process which is still on, while I decided to move the remaining over to #2017, but there came MMM that threw me off balance and made my 2017almost looking confusing to me. But as I have read this post from my sister, I must say I am moved and ready to start all over. First thing tomorrow I will write my goals for the year and trust in God to lead me. Thank you Chichi you always inspire me.God bless you much����

    ReplyDelete